The Aviator’s Academy exists to help aircraft owners and pilots increase instrument proficiency in their glass panels. Our ever-growing list of free resources serve to feed the learner in you as you continue to grow in your skills and knowledge as a glass panel pilot.
INTERVIEW WITH HANK GIBSON: TRAINING THE TRAINER
Joe sits down to discuss training the trainer with Hank Gibson, a Cirrus and fellow PA46 instructor. Hank also shares plans for his upcoming company which will be fully unveiled at Oshkosh.
Just Plane Radio 10-1-22
This week the JPR crew hunker down for hurricane Ian. Plus another cool way for you to make the world a better place with your aircraft.
GLASS PANEL MINUTE
The Glass Panel Minute is a bi-monthly series where we share quick and helpful tips to improve your instrument proficiency in your glass panel aircraft.
- Icebergs in the SkyI recently gave a presentation at the Piper M-Class Owner’s and Pilot’s Association (PMOPA) East Coast Regional Seminar at the beautiful Greenbrier Resort in White Sulpher… Read more: Icebergs in the Sky
- Using the Flight Director as a ResourceA lot of general aviation pilots don’t know what a flight director is, let alone how to use it. Most of us received our instrument training… Read more: Using the Flight Director as a Resource
- Connecting a Garmin Flight Stream to an iPadIt’s time to pick up your airplane with its new modern avionics package. The plane has been at the avionics shop for 3 months getting upgraded… Read more: Connecting a Garmin Flight Stream to an iPad
- Do LP Approaches Leave You Scratching Your Head?We live in a day and age of amazing aviation technology. 20 years ago, GPS was brand new to the GA marketplace and Avidyne had a… Read more: Do LP Approaches Leave You Scratching Your Head?
- Did I Turn Too Early?The autopilot is a great tool for pilots. It’s vital for a pilot to fully understand the autopilot in his/her airplane, what it’s there for, and… Read more: Did I Turn Too Early?
- A Behind the Scenes Look at Ft. Worth CenterI recently got the privilege to go on a tour of the Ft. Worth Center facility. It was with our annual fly in group with Texas… Read more: A Behind the Scenes Look at Ft. Worth Center